MAC: Selena make-up line: what, when, where
MAC Cosmetics released the Selena Quintanilla-Perez make-up line in Macy’s stores across the country, including Chicago, IL and Saint Bernardino, CA., on Thursday, The collection debuted last month in Texas, but it sold out in just one day, frustrating the fans.What it includes, where you can find it and when it is going to be released in Europe, you will find out here.
Selena Quintanilla-Perez may have been a pop idol in the 1980s and early 1990s, but despite the tragic death that took her at the young age of 23, her fans are still there, still crazy about her, over two decades later.
So when MAC Cosmetics decided to create a line of cosmetics bearing the Latin singer’s name, they knew it would be a hit. The company, which is owned by Estee Lauder, brought in the project Selena’s sister Suzette Quintanilla.
As Chicago Tribune reports, up to a hundred people waited in line, on Thursday morning, for the store opening, so that they could buy the entire make-up collection. The first person in line, 30-year-old Christina Alonso, picked her place in front of the store as early as 12 hours before the opening. She camped out overnight, with no food, no water, just a pen. “For protection”, she explained. She was planning to put down $ 377 for a big part of the collection. The woman second in line, Crystal Espinoza, was planning on buying two complete sets. “Selena was a part of the family. We grew up listening to her music”, she said.
In Saint Bernardino, things looked similar: huge line in front of Macy’s, at Inland Center Mall. Kristie Macias, 20, got to the sotre in the early hours of the morning, but by 5:30, when she reached the store, there wa already a lot of people ahead. “It’s worth it because it’s her. It’s Selena.”
The make-up collection includes:
· Five eye-shadows, with colors ranging from pale pink, to violet, to black. They feature nostalgic names like: Missing My Baby, Fotos y Recuerdos, No Me Queda Mas, Selena, Is It The Beat. Each is priced at $17,00
· Liquid eye liner – only in black. Price $21,00
· Mascara – black; enhances eyelash volume and curls them up. Price: $18,00
· Three shades of lipstick: pink “Amor Prohibido”, red “Como la Flor” and wine-like “Dreaming of You”. Price: $18,00
· Lip gloss – it comes in one color, bubblegum-pink, and features the name of one of Selena’s most popular songs, “Bidi Bidi Bom Bom”. Price: $ 17,00
· Powder blush duo – combining two natural shades. Price: $29,00
· Brush – a multi-purpose brush, that can be used for either the face powder, or the blush. Price: $35,00
Shopping on MAC’s official website is not possible at the moment. The collection is sold out again. However, the company is working on restocking and announced it will release the Selena-inspired line in Europe by the end of the month.