Kate Upton is the third highest paid model in the last 12 months, according to a ranking by Forbes. She tied with famous supermodels Kate Moss and Miranda Kerr, cashing in $7 million between June 2013 and June 2014.
The World’s Highest-Paid Models 2014 Forbes top ranks Kate Upton third, with $7 million earned, before taxes, between June 2013 and June 2014. This comes as a surprise, as Upton is far from being the typical model.
Rising to fame after a swimsuit edition of Sports Illustrated three years ago, the blonde curvy 22-year-old, was considered too commercial. When she was signed by her modelling agency, IMG Models, everybody considered the agent, Ivan Bart, “crazy”. “She wasn’t ‘fashion’ enough”, he said in an interview to the New York Times, back in February 2012.
Since then, Upton, a St. Joseph, Michigan native, has appeared on the covers of the most famous fashion magazines, such as Vogue, CR Fashion Book, ELLE, Cosmopolitan and Times style. In 2013, she was the cover model for Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. The pictorial was filmed in Antarctica. The same year, in October, the appeared on the 100th anniversary cover of Vanity Fair.
This year, you saw Upton in the comedy “The Other Woman”, alongside Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.
Here is the top World’s Highest-Paid Models 2014, by Forbes:
1. Giselle Bundchen – $47 million
2. Doutzen Kroes & Adriana Lima – $8 million
3. Kate Upton & Kate Moss & Miranda Kerr & Liu Wen – $7 million
4. Alessandra Ambrosio & Hillary Rhoda – $5 milion
5. Natalia Vodianova & Carolyn Murphy & Karlie Kloss & Jourdan Dunn – $4 million
6. Anja Rubik & Cara Delevigne – $3.5 million
7. Candice Swanepoel & Joan Smalls & Erin Wasson & Erin Heatherton & Lindsey Wixon & Daria Werbowy – $3 million