Thor: Ragnarok first trailer has been released. The countdown has begun.
The first seconds of the trailer show God of Thunder Thor wrapped-up in a massive chain, rolled down into what appears to be some underworld. “I know what you’re thinking: How did this happen?”, his voice narrates. Which is exactly what we’re wondering because the last time we left him, he was in the loving arms of Natalie Portman.
The “long story” he prepares to tell involves the goth appearance of Cate Blanchett, who is none other than the Goddess of Death. This feisty lady took his hammer, his powers and his golden locks and banished him to an alien planet named Sakaar.
As expected, Sakaar is not roses and honey. Thor, now sporting a new haircut, is sent to the gladiator arena to fight the star fighter of the planet – none other than Hulk (played by Mike Ruffalo). His reaction? Priceless!
“YES! We know each other! He’s a friend from work”, Thor explains to a stunned audience. What happens next? Check out the trailer!
Thor: Ragnarok director Taika Waititi described this Marvel production as “a crazy movie” and “one of the most adventurous and most ‘out there’ of all the Marvel movies”.
The 41-year-old film director is best known for his works on Eagle vs Shark (2007), Boy (2010), What We Do in the Shadows (2014) and Hunt for the Wilderpeople (2016). He has also written the original screenplay for the Walt Disney latest animated movie, Moana.
Thor: Ragnarok brings back most of the old Thor characters and a few new key-ones:
- Chris Hemsworth is Thor, prince of Asgard
- Tom Hiddleston is Loki, Thor’s adopted brother
- Cate Blanchett is Hela, the Goddess of Death
- Idris Elba is Heimdall, the Asgardian sentry of the Bifröst Bridge
- Jeff Goldblum is the Grandmaster, ruler of planet Sakaar
- Tessa Thompson is Valkyrie, an Asgardian warrior cast away on Sakaar
- Mark Ruffalo is Hulk
- Anthony Hopkins is Odin, King of Asgard
- Benedict Cumberbatch is Dr. Stephen Strange
Thor: Ragnarok premieres on November 3.