Here are four weight loss smoothies tried out by Katherine Heigl during her postpartum weight loss program. The Hollywood star recently shared with fans her baby weight loss story and, with it, some recipes that helped her in achieving her goal: that of regaining her pre-baby body back.
RASPBERRY, PEACH AND MANGO SMOOTHIE – 374 calories per serving
- 1 cup frozen (or fresh) mango chunks
- ¾ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ ripe peach, sliced
- ⅓ cup raspberries
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
Preparation: put the mango, peach, raspberry, milk, vanilla and yogurt into a blender and mix until smooth. Pour the smoothie into a tall grass and top it with the coconut flakes, almond slices and chia seeds. Drink with a large straw, or use a spoon.
AVOCADO GREEN SMOOTHIE – 307 calories per serving
- 1¼ cups cold unsweetened almond milk beverage (you can use coconut milk instead)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana½ large (you can replace it with a small stalk celery, chopped)
- 2 cups lightly packed kale leaves (you can replace it with spinach)
- 1-inch piece peeled fresh ginger
- 8 ice cubes
- 1 sweet apple, sliced
Preparation: use an ice blender to mix all the ingredients until you obtain a smooth drink
BLUEBERRY & PEACH PIE SMOOTHIE – 221 calories per serving
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup frozen peach slices
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon honey (you can replace it with maple syrup)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation: put al the ingredients in a blender and mix until they form a homogenous paste.
ALMOND BUTTER AND BANANA PROTEIN SMOOTHIE – 402 calories per serving
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons no-flavor protein powder
- 1 tablespoon sweetener
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4-6 ice cubes
Preparation: mix all the ingredients and blend in an ice blender for a couple of minutes, until smooth.
The recipes for the weight loss smoothies can also be found on eatingwell.com, where you can get inspired for more healthy meals.