Disney has announced on Wednesday, November 1, that Beyoncé will play Nala in The Lion King live-action set to premiere in 2019.
The animation company has completed the cast for The Lion King live-action, which will debut in July 2019. and Queen Bey has the lead female role, that of Nala, the lioness who becomes, from Simba’s childhood friend, his romantic interest in young adulthood.
Disney tweeted the full cast of the 2019 Lion King:
— Disney (@Disney) November 1, 2017
Here is the full cast:
- Donald Clover as Simba – the Atlanta star will voice he son of Mufasa and Sarabi, who will become the King of the Pride Lands;
- Beyoncé as Nala – the singer will be Simba’s friend and later his wife;
- James Earl Jones as Mufasa – Jones has voiced Mufasa in the 1994 animated movie, too; Mufasa is the original King of the Pride Lands;
- Chiwetel Ejiofor as Scar – Chiwetel Ejiofor is known for his role on 12 Years a Slave(2013). He will play Mufasa’s evil younger brother, whose wish is to crown himself king;
- Alfre Woodard as Sarabi – Woodward, known for her appearances on TV series, like Desperate Housewives (2004 – 2012) and, more recently, Luke Cage (2016) is Mufasa’s wife and mother of Simba;
- John Oliver as Zazu – the comedian will voice the hornbill who is Mufasa’s assistant;
- John Kani as Rafiki – the South African actor and director will play the wise shaman baboon;
- Seth Rogen as Pumbaa –the Sausage Party star will play Pumbaa, a naive warthog who has a gas problem; he is also one of Simba’s best friends;
- Billy Eichner as Timon – the Parks and Recreation actor plays Timon, a self-absorbed, funny meerkat, Pumbaa’s best buddy;
- Eric Andre as Azizi;
- Florence Kasumba as Shenzi – the female leader of the pack of hyenas;
- Keegan-Michael Key as Kamari;
- JD McCrary as Young Simba;
- Shahadi Wright Joseph as Young Nala.